McHENRY – The McHenry Public Library, 809 N. Front St., welcomes patrons to the following events. Many November programs are already full, but these still have openings:
• The Art of Beauty – How to Look and Feel your Best in a Natural Way: 7 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday. Learn what constitutes real beauty and healthy ways to glow. Discover natural daily and weekly beauty routines, the foods that nourish skin and soul, and the truth behind the cosmetics industry. Presented by Joanna Puciata, certified holistic health coach, trained hormone cure coach and certified gluten practitioner. For ages 14 and up.
• Domestic Violence Awareness: 7-8 p.m. Nov. 21. Turning Point in Woodstock, the only comprehensive domestic violence agency and emergency shelter for women and children in McHenry County, will present information and dispel myths about domestic violence. For ages 18 and up.
• Thanksgiving Fun with Laura Doherty: 11 to 11:45 a.m. Nov. 22. Award-winning musician Laura Doherty will perform. Also, attendees can get their picture taken with Tom the Turkey and take home a goody bag. For all ages. Register in person to pay $1 fee per child. CDs will be available to purchase; credit cards are accepted.
• Half-Price Fines: Nov. 25 through Dec. 8 get 50 percent off fines. Money received during the two-week event will go the local FISH Food Pantry. Lost or damaged items or accounts in collection are not included in this program.
• Writer's Group: 6:30 to 8:45 p.m. Nov. 25. The writer's group is about a group of peers getting together to discuss the craft of writing, share their writing with each other, and help each other to become better writers. Participants should bring six copies of their writing to share. No registration required.
• Thanksgiving Closings: The library will close at 5 p.m. Nov. 27 and remain closed through the Thanksgiving holiday. It will reopen at 9 a.m. Nov. 29.
Most programs require registration unless otherwise noted. Register at www.mchenrylibrary.org, stop by 809 N. Front St., or call 815-385-0036.