The Holiday Gift Auction is Live! Click here and bid now on great local gifts!

Fireplace sparks McHenry house fire

McHENRY – An operating fireplace caused the wall of a McHenry home to catch on fire Monday.

The McHenry Township Fire Protection District responded to a call at 11:21 a.m. for a structure fire at 5025 W. Flanders Road in unincorporated McHenry. Emergency crews found light smoke coming from the house when they arrived.

Crews responded within six minutes. The fire was under control within about 15 minutes of the original call, according to a press release from the Mchenry Township Fire Protection District.

The district investigated the fire and found that it started inside a wall above the fireplace, the release said.

–Shawn Shinneman

Loading more

Digital Access

Digital Access
Access nwherald.com from all your digital devices and receive breaking news and updates from around the area.

Home Delivery

Home Delivery
Local news, prep sports, Chicago sports, local and regional entertainment, business, home and lifestyle, food, classified and more! News you use every day! Daily, weekend and Sunday packages.

Text Alerts

Text Alerts
Stay connected to us wherever you are! Get breaking news updates along with other area information sent to you as a text message to your wireless device.

Email Newsletters

Email Newsletters
We'll deliver news & updates to your inbox. Plan your weekend and catch up on the news with our newsletters.