Great customer service

To the Editor:

On Nov. 8 while cutting grass and raking leaves, I smelled gas in front of our house.

I knew it was natural gas because of my 50 years’ experience in the HVAC industry. I called Nicor and reported a gas leak to their emergency operator. I gave them the information they requested, and was told an emergency specialist would arrive in one hour.

Thirty minutes later, a man named Jim arrived and found the 30 percent high pressure leak, replaced what was needed, painted the rusty pipe fittings and re-lit the pilot lights in our home.

Thanks, Nicor, for your great, quick and safe service. That leak could have caused some serious problems.

Carl H. Woerner

McHenry