Presentations planned for health insurance options
WOODSTOCK – Several community presentations are planned this week in McHenry County to help assist residents with health insurance options regarding the Affordable Care Act.
The McHenry County Department of Health received a grant to hire and train support counselors to educate residents about the changes and help them apply online.
More than 25 presentations have been held thus far, and another eight are scheduled this week.
The enrollment deadline is Dec. 23, and those enrolled will have their coverage begin Jan. 1, according to a news release.
Residents can make an appointment with trained counselors at www.mcdh.info.
The presentations are free to the public. Residents, small business owners and other county stakeholders also can set up one-on-one appointments with a counselor to begin the process.
The following is a list of upcoming public presentations on Affordable Care Act insurance:
• Tuesday – 7 to 8:30 p.m. (call to register), Crystal Lake Public Library, 126 Paddock St., 815-459-1687
• Tuesday – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. (in Spanish), Harvard-Diggins Library, 900 E. McKinley Street, 815-943-4671
• Tuesday – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Dorr Township Offices, 1039 Lake Ave., Woodstock
• Wednesday – 4 to 6 p.m., McHenry County College, Building B, Scot Room, 8900 Route 14, Crystal Lake
• Thursday – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Harvard-Diggins Library, 900 E. McKinley St., 815-943-4671
• Thursday – 4 to 6 p.m., McHenry County College, Building B, Scot Room, 8900 Route 14, Crystal Lake
• Thursday – 4 to 6 p.m., Centegra Health Bridge, 200 Congress Parkway, Crystal Lake
• Sunday – Noon to 2 p.m., Tree of Life Congregation, 5603 Bull Valley Road, McHenry
Information to bring to appointments include date of birth, social security numbers for those needing coverage, the applicants’ source of income and whether their employer offers health insurance and their eligibility.
For information or to set up a one-on-one appointment, call 815-334-4510.
Residents can learn more about the plans or start the enrollment process by calling 866-311-1119, 855-889-4325 or by visiting www.getcoveredillinois.gov.