Overcast
23°FOvercastFull Forecast
Prairie Ridge Football State Champions Commemorative Book

Harvard home damaged in fire

Published: Friday, Dec. 6, 2013 9:11 p.m. CST

HARVARD – The siding on a farm house in Harvard caught fire Friday evening as the home's inhabitants were trying to burn out a front flower bed.

The Harvard Fire Department responded to the call for a fire at the residence, 4608 Alden Road, at about 6:33 p.m.

Officials estimated the blaze caused $10,000 to $15,000 in damage, Battalion Chief Bryan Pierce said.

"The front of the house sustained pretty good damage," he said.

The older couple living in the residence has been displaced for the time being, Pierce said.

Fire and rescue departments from Woodstock, Hebron, Walworth, Wis., and Marengo assisted Harvard with the fire.

–Shawn Shinneman

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Northwest Herald.

Reader Poll

Are snow predictions changing your plans this weekend?
Yes
No