State

Man arrested in N.J. charged in Chicago dismembering

CHICAGO – Chicago authorities said a person arrested in New Jersey is the third to be charged in the death of a man who was dismembered and buried on Chicago’s southwest side earlier this year.

Daisy Gutierrez and her father, Salvador Gutierrez, were charged in October in the death of Jose Reyes.

Chicago police said Sunday that 22-year-old Milton Miranda was arrested in Morristown, N.J. He was extradited by the Chicago authorities.

He faces first-degree murder. It was immediately unclear if he has an attorney. A telephone number couldn’t be located Sunday.

He’s previously been identified as Daisy Gutierrez’s boyfriend.

Prosecutors allege she invited Reyes to her home May 21. Prosecutors have claimed Gutierrez’s boyfriend kicked in the door and killed Reyes with a pipe and a knife before decapitating him.

Loading more

Digital Access

Digital Access
Access nwherald.com from all your digital devices and receive breaking news and updates from around the area.

Home Delivery

Home Delivery
Local news, prep sports, Chicago sports, local and regional entertainment, business, home and lifestyle, food, classified and more! News you use every day! Daily, weekend and Sunday packages.

Text Alerts

Text Alerts
Stay connected to us wherever you are! Get breaking news updates along with other area information sent to you as a text message to your wireless device.

Email Newsletters

Email Newsletters
We'll deliver news & updates to your inbox. Plan your weekend and catch up on the news with our newsletters.