McHENRY – Beekeeping and estate planning are the focus of some of the events planned at the McHenry Public Library this month.
Those interested in signing up for library events can register at www.mchenrylibrary.org, stop by the library at 809 N. Front St. or call 815-385-0036.
The programs include:
• Learn how to use your Nook or Kindle: 7 to 8 p.m. Jan. 21. Attendees will learn how to download digital books onto Kindle and Nook eReaders. Devices should be fully charged, and participants should bring their Amazon or Adobe log-in information. This program does not address the Kindle Fire. For those ages 18 and up.
• Estate Planning Toolbox: 7 to 8:30 Jan. 22. Karen Chan, a certified financial planner, discuss estate planning tools, including wills, trusts and powers of attorney. For those ages 18 and up.
• Learn how to use your Tablet eReader: 2 to 3 p.m. Jan. 23. Attendees will learn how to download digital books onto tablets. Devices should be fully charged, and participants should bring their marketplace log-in information. For those ages 18 and up.
• Cosplay Workshop: 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. Jan. 23. A workshop on how to make a fleece animal or character hat. Supplies provided. For those in sixth grade through age 20.
• All about Beekeeping: 1 to 3 p.m. Jan. 26. Learn about beekeeping, get up close and personal with a bee hive (inside an observation case) and learn about the life of honeybees. This program is primarily for adults, although children ages 12 and up may attend with a parent or guardian.
• Writers Group: 6:30 to 8:45 p.m. Jan. 27. A chance for people to the craft of writing, share writing with others and help each others become better writers. Attendees should bring six copies of their writing to share. No registration required.