Thankful to be alive
To the Editor:
On Sept. 2, I experienced a near-fatal heart attack, and I want to thank some very special people who have made it possible for me to celebrate the new year – and life:
• Holiday Hills Police Chief Larry Mason, who was on duty and responded to the 911 call. He came to our house and helped Ireta and me stay calm and focused until the paramedics arrived.
• McHenry Township Fire Department paramedics for stabilizing my condition. Also, the paramedics who responded to our second emergency call Sept. 18 and initiated immediate evaluation and medical care.
• Centegra – McHenry emergency doctor Tomasian for clearing the 100 percent blockage to my right coronary artery in the short amount of time that there was to save my life.
• Doctor Odedra for inserting the ventilator – made difficult because of previous oral/throat surgery.
• The emergency room doctors, nurses and techs who were on duty when I arrived. Without their immediate medical teamwork, I would not have survived.
• Chaplin Dan for comforting my family in the waiting room.
• Drs. Dairi and Shirazi for rendering medical treatment during my hospitalization.
• Dr. William Stinson for being with us every step of the way.
• To all of the other compassionate and competent nurses and techs who cared for me in the emergency room, the intensive care unit and the fifth and sixth floor. Their profound knowledge and skill helped make my recovery possible.
To all of you, thank you.