Johnsburg garage fire causes $6,000 in damage
JOHNSBURG - No one was injured in a fire that started in the garage of a Johnsburg home.
The McHenry Township Fire Protection District responded at 8:45 p.m. Saturday to a structure fire at 2412 W. Johnsburg Road in Johnsburg, according to a news release.
According to the release, the fire was extinguished in 25 minutes. Crews forced entry and cut a hole in the roof of the garage.
There were no hydrants in the area. Water was brought to the scene by McHenry's three tenders.
Crews continued to work for an additional 45 minutes clearing items stored above the garage rafters in order to extinguish hot spots.
The damage is estimated at $6,000.
The fire was investigated by the McHenry Township Fire Protection District and is being ruled unintentional.
- Erick Ward