CARPENTERSVILLE - An early morning fire damaged a Carpentersville home and sent a firefighter to the hospital.
Around 3 a.m. Monday the Carpentersville Fire Department responded to a house fire at 2108 Aberdeen St. and found flames coming from outside the home.
The blaze caused damage to the home's chimney, garage attic and living room ceiling, according to Carpentersville Fire Department Lt. Brian Berry.
The residents of the home were not injured, but a firefighter was transported to the hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, but it likely started in the fireplace, Berry said.
Firefighters from East Dundee, Algonquin and Rutland-Dundee assisted on the call.