McHENRY – Free colon cancer test kits will be available at Centegra Health System facilities through next Friday.
The program is designed to raise awareness of colorectal cancer, which is the third most common cancer diagnosed in men and women in the U.S.
Colon cancer does not typically cause symptoms until it is in an advanced stage.
The kits are available:
• 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday at Centegra Hospital-McHenry guest services desk, 4201 Medical Center Drive;
• 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday at Centegra Hospital-Woodstock guest services desk, 3701 Doty Road;
• 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Friday and 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Crystal Lake Medical Arts imaging desk and immediate care desk, 360 Station Drive;
• 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday to Friday and 8 a.m. to noon Saturday at Centegra Health Center-Huntley imaging desk, 10350 Haligus Road; and
• 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, Centegra Sage Cancer Center front desk at 4305 Medical Center Drive.
For more information, call Centegra at 815-759-4454.
- Northwest Herald