Digital Access

Digital Access
Access nwherald.com from all your digital devices and receive breaking news and updates from around the area.

Home Delivery

Home Delivery
Local news, prep sports, Chicago sports, local and regional entertainment, business, home and lifestyle, food, classified and more! News you use every day! Daily, weekend and Sunday packages.

Text Alerts

Text Alerts
Stay connected to us wherever you are! Get breaking news updates along with other area information sent to you as a text message to your wireless device.

Email Newsletters

Email Newsletters
We'll deliver news & updates to your inbox. Plan your weekend and catch up on the news with our newsletters.
Local

Electrical equipment sparks fire at Crystal Lake massage therapy school

CRYSTAL LAKE – Overheated electrical equipment caused a small fire in a Crystal Lake massage therapy school Monday, the Crystal Lake Fire Department said.

At 9:50 a.m. Monday, the fire department responded to a report of smoke inside Cortiva Institute Massage Therapy School, 241 Commerce Drive, Crystal Lake.

The building was evacuated, and the fire was put out by the time crews arrived, Crystal Lake Fire Department Battalion Chief Jerry Larsen said.

The building suffered some smoke damage and was closed while crews investigated the scene, Larsen said. He was unsure when the building would reopen.

A message to Cortiva Institute was not immediately returned Monday.

There were no injuries as a result of the fire.

– Jim Dallke

Loading more