Local

Two sent to hospital after plumbing equipment explodes in Dundee Township

DUNDEE TOWNSHIP – Two workers were transported to the hospital Monday after their plumbing equipment exploded while working on a Dundee Township home.

Around 10:25 a.m., two plumbers were working in the basement of a home at 35W030 Fontenac Drive when a propane torch exploded, Rutland-Dundee Township Fire Department Chief Richard Thomas said.

Thomas said the small explosion caused the workers to receive minor burns, and both were transported to Sherman Hospital.

The explosion created a small fire in the basement, which was quickly extinguished by firefighters, Thomas said. The home was not damaged.

Fire departments from West Dundee, East Dundee, Carpentersville, Huntley, Pingree and Elgin assisted on the call.

– Jim Dallke

Loading more

Digital Access

Digital Access
Access nwherald.com from all your digital devices and receive breaking news and updates from around the area.

Home Delivery

Home Delivery
Local news, prep sports, Chicago sports, local and regional entertainment, business, home and lifestyle, food, classified and more! News you use every day! Daily, weekend and Sunday packages.

Text Alerts

Text Alerts
Stay connected to us wherever you are! Get breaking news updates along with other area information sent to you as a text message to your wireless device.

Email Newsletters

Email Newsletters
We'll deliver news & updates to your inbox. Plan your weekend and catch up on the news with our newsletters.