Centegra's mobile health unit will offer vascular screening during April, according to a news release.
The mobile health unit has technicians and equipment that help to screen and diagnose health problems at many stages, the news release said.
According to the news release, the vascular screening program offers preliminary results in ultrasound images of the carotid artery to detect plaque buildup, ankle brachial index measurements to detect blockage risk and peripheral arterial disease, EKG readouts to detect atrial fibrillation, risk level for abdominal aortic aneurysm, and body mass index, pulse and blood pressure readings.
All results are confidential, Centegra said. Follow-up reports completed by a Centegra Health System radiologist are mailed to the patient within one week so he or she can share the information with a physician. The cost is $129.
Screenings are scheduled from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.:
• Tuesday at Centegra Hospital-Woodstock,
• April 8 at Centegra Physician Care-Spring Grove,
• April 15 at McHenry County College,
• April 22 at Centegra Physician Care-Huntley, and
• April 29 at Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center-Crystal Lake.
- Northwest Herald