CARY – The Lake Julian Trout Farm has reopened despite a small fire that took place on Sunday.
Heat from a wood-burning stove ignited insulation in the attic of the bait shop, causing the fire on the business’ roof, fire officials have said.
Dorothy Miller, owner of Lake Julian Trout Farm, said about $8,000 in damage was caused by the fire. Miller said her shop was receiving phone calls about whether the business was closed long-term. However, the shop opened as scheduled on Wednesday.
The fire started about one hour before closing. The shop is normally closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, which allowed employees to clean up.
“If something had to happen, it couldn’t have happened at a better time,” Miller said.
– Joseph Bustos