Local food pantries continue to scrounge for donations to help keep the shelves stocked to serve the continuous demand from hungry families. Seven years ago, my partner, Joe Billitteri, and I developed a simple plan to raise money for food pantries in our home towns. We asked businesses that provided services related to our commercial real estate business to donate $200 a year to those food pantries. In return, we listed them on our company website as a “Select Vendor.”
This simple idea has generated $23,600 for two food pantries in the past seven years. Other businesses can copy our fundraising model with little effort, and we encourage them to do so. Call or email us for details.
The businesses who have generously donated to our program for 2014 are:
• Accountants/CPAs: Miller Verchota Inc. and Sansone and Associates
• Alarm Systems: Superior Fire and Security
• Architects: Korte Architecture
• Banks: Cornerstone National Bank
• Building Inspections: Echo Building Inspections
• Engineering/Surveying: Vanderstappen Surveying and Engineering
• Environmental Audits: Mionx Corp.
• General Contractors: Iris Construction Services
• Heating and Air Conditioning: Flameco Heating and A/C Inc
• Insurance: Ann Meyer Agency
• Signage: Meyer Signs
• Title Insurance: Heritage Title
• Window Cleaning: Fish Window Cleaning
We whole heartedly support, recommend and endorse all of the above fine companies and publicly thank them for their participation. To find any of them, visit our website, www.premiercommercialrealty.com, and click on the Select Vendor tab.
If you have a business related to commercial real estate and want to be interviewed to be one of our Select Vendors, call me. If you just want to make a donation to the food pantry of your choice, we’ll tell you how to make a donation. Cash goes much further than actual food donations. Or, you can always Google “McHenry County Food Pantry” and get a list of all the pantries in the county – there are about 12 of them.
Giving back in some way to the community from which we derive our livelihood is something we feel strongly about. The economy has hurt many families in our communities, and we have the ability to help. Please patronize the businesses listed above and, if you can, please donate to your local food pantry.
• Bruce Kaplan is a senior broker associate with Premier Commercial Realty in Lake in the Hills. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org or via www.premiercommercialrealty.com.