Digital Access

Digital Access
Access from all your digital devices and receive breaking news and updates from around the area.

Home Delivery

Home Delivery
Local news, prep sports, Chicago sports, local and regional entertainment, business, home and lifestyle, food, classified and more! News you use every day! Daily, weekend and Sunday packages.

Text Alerts

Text Alerts
Stay connected to us wherever you are! Get breaking news updates along with other area information sent to you as a text message to your wireless device.

Email Newsletters

Email Newsletters
We'll deliver news & updates to your inbox. Plan your weekend and catch up on the news with our newsletters.

Motorcyclist dies after Algonquin Road crash

LAKE IN THE HILLS – A motorcyclist died Monday after a crash on Algonquin Road, authorities said.

Christopher Q. Gramer, 49, of Lake in the Hills, was driving a 2004 Suzuki motorcycle west on Algonquin Road Monday afternoon when the motorcycle collided with a 2010 Ford Focus at the intersection of Algonquin Road and Lake Street, said Sgt. Ted Ziarkowski, of the Lake in the Hills Police Department.

Gramer was taken by ambulance to Advocate Sherman Hospital in Elgin, where he later died, according to a news release from the Lake in the Hills Police Department.

The police department responded to the call at 3:38 p.m. Monday, the release said.

The Ford – driven by Lucy L. Tanksley, 51, also of Lake in the Hills – was in the eastbound Algonquin Road turn lane and making a left-hand turn onto Lake Street, Ziarkowski said.

Gramer came to rest on the opposite side of the Focus, the release said. He was not wearing a helmet.

Tanksley was treated at the scene and released.

No citations have been issued at this time, Lake in the Hills Deputy Chief Pat Boulden said Tuesday. The department has nothing to indicate drugs or alcohol were a factor, he said.

Neither vehicle was carrying passengers.

Westbound Algonquin Road from Lake Street to Hanson Road/Hilltop Drive was closed Monday afternoon while crews cleared the scene and police investigated. It reopened after about two hours, according to the release.

The accident is under a continuing investigation.

–Shawn Shinneman

Loading more