A Few Clouds
47°FA Few CloudsFull Forecast

Report the claim to your insurance company as soon as you can after the accident says FGM Law in Marengo, IL

SPONSORED • Published: Friday, July 11, 2014 1:46 p.m. CDT • Updated: Friday, Sept. 18, 2015 2:55 p.m. CDT

Your insurance company will take care of the property damage if you had full coverage and will often times have a medical payment policy that will pay some or all of your medical bills.  You have to report the claims in a timely fashion under the insurance policy to avoid a denial of your claim.  Some people are worried about their insurance rates and choose to have the at-fault-driver and his/her insurance company handle the property damage but that company is looking to get you as little money as possible.  Your insurance company will hopefully value you as a customer and will treat you fairly on your property damage claim and will recover any deductible you have to pay from the other insurance company.  Most insurance companies do not raise rates when the accident is not your fault so making the claim is appropriate.

Franks, Gerkin & McKenna | (815) 923-2107 | 19333 East Grant Highway Marengo, Illinois 60152

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Northwest Herald.

Reader Poll

How do you plan to vote in this election?
On Election Day
Not voting