Summer is winding down and fall schedules are starting to take shape. Don’t forget to include helping the community when you put together your fall commitments.
There are many ways to help:
• There is a new radio station in Marengo looking for administrative help. The radio station is a nonprofit that will help inform the community.
• McHenry County College is looking for volunteers to help with its literacy program
• Adult and Child Therapy is co-hosting Woodstock Ale Fest. They are looking for volunteers to help with this fun event.
• Senior Care Volunteer Network could use your help in a leadership role to help with birthdays.
• There are many other options at www.volunteercentermchenrycounty.org.
If you can, donate an item or two or host a collection.
Here is a sample of things you will find under wish lists on the Volunteer Center’s website: Home of the Sparrow is looking for laundry soap. Turning Point is looking for Pace bus passes. Alexander Leigh Autism Center needs backpacks.
Are your board meetings strengthening your organization and moving the mission forward? If not, you may want to attend the Oct. 18 workshop with BoardSource’s Dave Sternberg.
Dave will talk about how to find and recruit the board members your mission needs for success. He will share fundraising trends and strategies.
This training event is on a Saturday, so board members are able to attend. Lunch is included.
For information about getting involved in your community and making a difference, contact the Volunteer Center at 815-344-4483 or visit www.volunteercentermchenrycounty.org.
• Rebecca Stiemke is the executive director of Volunteer Center McHenry County. She can be reached by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 815-344-4483.