To the Editor:
Never in 73 years have I witnessed such sore losers and crybabies as the liberal Democrats after the election in 2016. Let me count the ways:
1. Martin Sheen and other Hollywood liberals trying to look intelligent in a ridiculous video attempting to change the Electoral College vote.
2. Jill Stein’s laughable recount effort.
3. Street marches by some people who didn’t vote.
4. Thousands of emailed threats to Republican Electoral College voters.
5. A filmmaker offering bribes to electors.
6. Numerous media blatherings about abolishing the Electoral College.
7. It’s Jim Comey’s fault.
8. No it’s WikiLeaks’ fault.
9. No it’s the Russians’ fault.
10. Bull Valley liberals citing the Federalist Papers as the Constitution, ignoring the fact each state’s Electoral College numbers consist of the total congressional delegation of House members and two senators for each state, regardless of population. There’s only one reason for that, folks, and this year is a shining example: so smaller states get a say in national elections. If this were not the case, then we would have to settle for what California and New York want, and the rest of the 48 states wouldn’t matter. Clinton did get 2.8 million more votes than Trump. However, she got 6 million more just in California and New York, meaning Trump got about 3 million more in the rest of the states.
The U.S. is not a democracy. We are a representative republic. Your candidate lost because of no message. Get over it.
Thomas M. Fraser