Greetings, Jack DeRue here, the confectioner of conundrums.
This week, I am turning the world of trivia upside down. As usual, I am listing 10 pieces of trivia. But beware, only one is true. Which one is it? Don’t look now, but the number of the only true trivia is written after my email address.
1. Marilyn Monroe had six toes on one foot.
2. The world’s most famous diabetic boxer was named “Too Much Sugar Ray Leonard.”
3. The X-Men were called that because there were 10 of them.
4. After his career as a major league pitcher, “Oil Can” Boyd worked at Jiffy Lube.
5. Scotland’s national animal is a unicorn.
6. The item most stolen by medieval thieves was loot.
7. There is a support group for women who really didn’t like the “Wonder Woman” movie.
8. If you make a cow laugh hard enough, milk will come out of its nose.
9. All the members of the Australian band Men at Work are unemployed.
10. Coconuts are technically mammals because they have hair and produce milk.
• Jack DeRue is an award-winning syndicated columnist and author. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. (No. 5)