LAKEMOOR – An early morning fire Friday in Lakemoor destroyed a deck, according to a news release from the McHenry Township Fire Protection District.
Firefighters were dispatched about 2 a.m. to the 200 block of West Sunset Drive for a wooden deck fire, according to the release.
The fire was caused by hot embers coming out of a charcoal grill dropped onto the deck, fire officials said.
The fire caused an estimated $3,000 in damage to the deck, which is a total loss, according to the release. The fire quickly was extinguished and did not damage the home attached to the deck.
There were no injuries from the fire.