LAKEMOOR – A reported fire Monday afternoon at a Lakemoor home turned out to be several smoldering towels in a bathroom closet.
McHenry firefighters responded about 12:20 p.m. Monday to the 700 block of West Route 120 in Lakemoor for a possible structure fire, according to a news release from the McHenry Township Fire Protection District. First responders found light smoke in the home, and an investigation led firefighters to a bathroom closet.
Crews quickly removed some smoldering towels and ventilated the home. The building was not damaged.
No one was injured in the incident, and damage was estimated at $100. The fire’s cause still was under investigation Tuesday.
The Nunda Rural Fire Protection District and Wauconda Fire District also responded to the home, but firefighters left when there was no fire. Lakemoor police directed traffic during the incident.