Local

Video: Siding catches fire at Algonquin Sub Shop

Firefighters recover papers from inside the Algonquin Sub Shop after extinguishing flames early Tuesday afternoon.
Firefighters recover papers from inside the Algonquin Sub Shop after extinguishing flames early Tuesday afternoon.

ALGONQUIN – Owners were trying to thaw frozen water pipes Tuesday at Algonquin Sub Shop when wood siding caught fire, officials said.

The Algonquin-Lake in the Hills Fire Protection District responded about 12:07 p.m. to the shop, 105 Filip Road, Algonquin.

The fire was extinguished by 12:27 p.m. No injuries were reported, according to a news release from the district.

Loading more

Digital Access

Digital Access
Access nwherald.com from all your digital devices and receive breaking news and updates from around the area.

Home Delivery

Home Delivery
Local news, prep sports, Chicago sports, local and regional entertainment, business, home and lifestyle, food, classified and more! News you use every day! Daily, weekend and Sunday packages.

Text Alerts

Text Alerts
Stay connected to us wherever you are! Get breaking news updates along with other area information sent to you as a text message to your wireless device.

Email Newsletters

Email Newsletters
We'll deliver news & updates to your inbox. Plan your weekend and catch up on the news with our newsletters.