Greetings! Jack DeRue here, your pack rat of fast facts, ready for another round of trivia.
With Presidents Day around the corner, how about some presidential trivia?
1. Abraham Lincoln is enshrined in the Wrestling Hall of Fame.
2. George Washington owned a profitable whiskey distillery.
3. During his presidency, Franklin Pierce was arrested in connection with running over a woman with his horse.
4. Gerald Ford was a fashion model in his college days and appeared on the cover of Cosmopolitan.
5. Teddy Roosevelt wore a lock of Lincoln’s hair during his inauguration.
6. John Tyler had 15 children.
7. Thomas Jefferson visited William Shakespeare’s house and chipped off a piece from Shakespeare’s chair as a souvenir.
8. President John Quincy Adams enjoyed skinny-dipping in the Potomac River.
9. Rutherford B. Hayes had four horses shot down from beneath him in the Civil War.
10. William Taft, the largest president, once got himself stuck in the White House bathtub and had to call his advisers to get him out.
Stay inquisitive, my trivial friends!
• Jack DeRue is an award-winning author and syndicated columnist. He can be reached at email@example.com.