Main and West beaches will open for the season at 9 a.m. May 26.
Daily admission fees are $1 for Crystal Lake Park District residents and $4 for guests. Four guests are allowed per family. Those older than age 60 and children younger than 3 are free. Admission also is free after 5 p.m., and parking is free.
A season beach pass is available at the Administration Office or at Main and West beaches during summer operating hours. An individual season beach pass costs $7 for residents and $50 for nonresidents.
Main Beach, 300 Lake Shore Drive, Crystal Lake, is open from:
• 9 a.m. to dusk May 26 to 28
• Noon to dusk May 29 to June 1
• 9 a.m. to dusk June 2 to Aug. 10
West Beach, 2330 Lake Ave., Crystal Lake, is open from:
• 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. May 26 to 28
• 3 to 6 p.m. May 29 to June 1
• 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. June 2 to Aug. 10
Come out for free activities at Main Beach on Thursdays and Fridays and daily fun during swim break time. Meet at the flagpole for a game during swim break. Fun in the Sand will take place at 2:15 p.m. Thursdays, and Fantastic Fridays (bingo, treasure hunts, crafts and more) will take place at 2:15 p.m. Fridays.
New this year at Main Beach includes:
• Replacement of a 23-year-old wooden playground that has outlasted its useful life.
• Replacement and relocation of a 50-year-old boat rental facility and marina piers.
• Enlarging the sand beach to include a shaded children’s play area. This new feature complements the more active playground with toddler-oriented features.
• The addition of a sheltered picnic area comprised of a shade sail system centrally located between the playground and the beach.
• Addition of a permanent bags court.
• New sidewalks and lighted pathways.
• New landscaping to complement a tree replacement plan for the entire park.
• Handicap accessibility throughout the park.
To access beach visitor information, including reservation forms, visit crystallakeparks.org.
For information about Crystal Lake Park District beach operations, contact Jessica Ortega at 815-459-0680, ext. 1213, or email@example.com.