Greetings! Jack DeRue here, your tackler of trivia, with another round of ALL TRUE trivia …
1. Frank Sinatra once gave Marilyn Monroe a poodle named “Mafia.”
2. The temperature of a burning cigarette tip is 1,292 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. On the Deep Web, which is where most of the illegal stuff takes place, bank passwords are for sale for $160 and entire identities for $1,200.
4. The generic user outline used in Microsoft 2010 was Bill Gates’ mug shot when he was caught driving without a license.
5. Before mercury was put in thermometers, brandy was used.
6. The carburetor of the 1908 Harley-Davison motorcycle was made from a tomato can.
7. The first puck used in a hockey game was made of frozen cow manure.
8. The Monopoly Man never wore a monocle.
9. Baseball pitcher Hoyt Wilhelm hit a home run on his first at bat and never hit another one in his 20-year career.
10. The name of the major general who invented the exploding artillery shell was Henry Shrapnel.
Say inquisitive, my trivial friends!
• Jack DeRue is an award-winning author and syndicated columnist. He thinks columnist Michael’s Penkava’s photo is p-funk zeeky boogie doog who da man bomb digitty. He can be reached at email@example.com.