Greetings! Jack DeRue here, your sharer of strange stuff, ready for another round of ALL TRUE trivia … with the exception of one hilarious quip … .1. Mars has a volcano that is 16 miles high.
2. A woodpecker can peck at 20 times a second.
3. Any month that starts on a Sunday will have a Friday the 13th in it.
4. A dyslexic man once walked into a bra and ordered a beer.
5. Some callers didn’t like the early telephone booths because they couldn’t get the doors open and had to fight their way out.
6. Eyelashes last about five months.
7. The shortest war in history was in 1896 between Zanzibar and England. Zanzibar surrendered in 38 minutes.
8. The fastest growing cells in nature
are the ones that make up the antlers of a moose.
9. The Union’s ironclad ship the Monitor was the first U.S. ship to have a flushing toilet.
10. Wyatt Earp became a boxing referee when he retired as a sheriff.
• Jack DeRue is an award-winning author and syndicated columnist. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.