A garage fire reported Saturday morning in Johnsburg is estimated to have caused $25,000 in damage, according to a news release from the McHenry Township Fire Protection District.
Crews responded at 11:47 a.m. to the 5000 block of Hickory Way for a reported structure fire, the release said.
Upon their arrival, emergency response units discovered smoke coming from the attached garage of a ranch house.
Crews had the fire under control within 15 minutes and contained it to the garage, although the house sustained smoke damage, according to the release.
Spring Grove and Fox Lake fire personnel also responded to the scene, along with Johnsburg police.
The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental and was a result of hot coals from a fireplace being placed in a garbage can in the garage.
No one was injured, and the house was deemed habitable after the fire, the release said.