The Cary-Grove Area Chamber of Commerce hosted its annual dinner and silent auction Jan. 25 at Avanté Banquets and Conference Center in Fox River Grove.
The theme was “The Great Gatsby” and more than 150 members came out in their best roaring 1920s attire to celebrate a successful year for the chamber and local businesses.
“It was one of the best annual dinners we have hosted,” said Lynn Caccavallo, executive director of the Cary-Grove Area Chamber of Commerce. “It was truly a wonderful evening and fun was had by all.”
The 2018 Cary-Grove Chamber of Commerce Award winners were honored at the event. Awards were presented for outstanding leadership and involvement in the Cary-Grove Area Chamber of Commerce and the local community.
Award winners were:
• Leadership Award: Michael Spagnola of Edge Fitness and Performance
• Board Member of the Year: Sean Wheeler of Picket Fence Realty
• New Member of the Year: Golden Eagle Community Bank
• Certificate of Excellence: village of Cary
• Certificate of Excellence: village of Fox River Grove
• Certificate of Excellence: Linda Barrett of lindambarrett productions
• Certificate of Excellence: Leo and Sharon Florio of The Tracks Bar and Grill
• Emerging Leader Award: Brandy Benyo of Tranquility Wellness Studio
• Event Sponsor of the Year: Cary Travel Express
• Event Sponsor of the Year: Cary Bank and Trust
• Chamber Member of the Year: Stryker
• Chamber Member of the Year: True Value Manufacturing
The chamber also announced its 2019 Board of Directors: Board President Sean Wheeler of Picket Fence Realty, Vice President Russ Gruber of Nationwide Insurance, Treasurer Brandy Benyo of Tranquility Wellness Studio and past President Michael Spagnola of Edge Fitness and Performance.
Directors include Ann Johnson of TOBG Engraving, David Miller of Lake Julian Contracting Inc., Dr. Pete Lovato of Northern Illinois Foot & Ankle Specialist Ltd., Heidi Entzminger of Malooley Chiropractic, Jean Pierce of Cary Area Public Library District, John Cosmos of CynJon Technologies, Josh Scheiblein of Douglas Automotive, Karen Mitch of Andrew Szocka, P.C., Attorneys and Counselors at Law, Lesley Franklin of Sage YMCA of Metro Chicago, Linda Barrett of lindambarrett productions, Lisa Raupp of Mary Kay Cosmetics, Phil Horn of State Farm – The Phil Horn Agency, Rick Eisenlauer of Stryker, Scott Lind of Assurity Home Inspections LLC, Shannon Morreale of State Farm Agency, Sumish Parikh of Dunkin’/Baskin Robbins and Susan Jensen of Periwinkle Floral.
The Cary-Grove Area Chamber of Commerce is a business organization of about 455 local business members and professionals, community and nonprofit groups and area leaders dedicated to a prosperous local economy and a high quality of life for area residents.
The chamber provides programs and resources to help local businesses succeed and coordinates community events such as Cary Main Street Fest, Cary Cruise Night, Halloween Walks and Merry Cary Holiday Parade and Festival.
The chamber is located at 445 Park Ave. in Cary and has a full business resource center for community residents and local businesses.