While taking steps to make your home warm and cozy for winter, don’t forget about warm options for your bed sheets.
Finding the right sheets will help you feel comfortable all night long without making you wake up in the middle of the night feeling like you’re in an oven or an igloo.
Here are sheet options you might want to consider for keeping the nip out of the air – and your bed:
- Flannel Sheets — Perhaps best known for shirts and pajamas, flannel is an excellent material for sheets. When cold weather takes over, it’s nice to have the added touch of warmth and softness that flannel provides. The fibers trap body heat, which is why outdoor workers often wear flannel shirts.
- Cotton Sheets — Cotton is a popular choice for all seasons. It’s breathable, keeping you from sweating while you sleep, and also highly affordable. Its durability makes it an appropriate choice for children and adults alike. It also layers well with blankets, quilts, and comforters for added warmth. Keep in mind that a higher thread count indicates higher quality sheets.
- Microfiber Sheets — If cost is important, microfiber has a lot to offer. These affordable sheet sets are made of extremely soft, durable, synthetic fibers that are comfortable, warm and inexpensive. Like cotton, microfiber indicates quality with higher thread counts.
- Fleece Sheets — The insulating properties in fleece make it an excellent choice for a wide variety of winter items, including blankets, jackets, scarves, hats, and other articles of clothing, so it’s a natural choice for sheets. It’s also easy care.
- Linen Sheets — For those who sleep hot linen sheets provide a crisp coolness that helps handle temperature fluctuations without needing to kick the covers off! If you opt for linen, you’ll need only a light blanket or two.
Visit a Verlo Mattress showroom in McHenry, Crystal Lake & Lake Geneva : 800.224.VERLO : Verlo Mattress Factory