To the Editor:
Enough! It was one thing to vote for Donald Trump for whatever reason, but to stand with him a year later is unconscionable. Willful ignorance and stupidity are no longer excuses for the damage that is being inflicted on us by a minority of voters.
To stand with President Donald Trump now is:
• To have no shame.
• To normalize racism, bigotry and hatred.
• To abandon decency, integrity and honor.
• To not have the capacity for critical thinking or common sense.
• To be unable to distinguish facts and truth from lies.
• To be complicit in the deliberate campaign to discredit and destroy our justice system, our legitimate and free press, our intelligence community and FBI.
• To excuse members of Congress who have abdicated their sworn oath to uphold our Constitution and protect us as citizens in a craven attempt to stay in power.
• To turn your back on our country by failing to recognize that Russia is an imminent threat to our democracy.
• To keep in power a dangerous, mentally and emotionally unstable, ignorant, incompetent, racist coward.
Worst of all, you have no compunction about leaving your children and grandchildren to clean up this mess because you did and said nothing to stop this madness.
History will be the final judge of what happened and why. Many people will have to reckon with the fact that they will be held accountable for the role they played in this chaos.
I only hope that there is enough blame to go around.