The McHenry County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications for its Police Explorer post.
The Police Explorers program is a career-oriented activity for those interested in law enforcement, and is organized as a nonscouting group with the Boy Scouts of America. Men and women ages 14 to 20 are encouraged to apply to participate in the nationally recognized program.
• Be 14 years old (and completed eighth grade) or be 15 to 20 years old
• Reside within the County of McHenry
• Be a student in good academic standing and a citizen of good moral character
• Successfully complete an application, the application process and a background check
• Be able to attend bimonthly meetings and other trainings, outings and events
• Desire to learn more about themselves, others, leadership, public service and police procedures
Explorer participants will learn about personal character, leadership, common police procedures and experience firsthand the services provided to the community with the men and women of the McHenry County Sheriff’s Office.
Applications can be downloaded from the McHenry County Sheriff’s Office webpage at www.mchenrysheriff.org or picked up from the Sheriff’s Office front office between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Applications must be postmarked or submitted in person to the Sheriff’s Office by Sept. 28.