For 16 years, Glenn Chelius of Crystal Lake and Nino Cruz of Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, have brought their unique sell-out smash-hit magic to Crystal Lake’s Raue Center for the Arts to amaze, mystify and bring smiles to the faces of all ages.
This year the two major magic attractions and friends share the stage again, making this the most talked about post-Halloween magical experience.
“Nothin’ Up My Sleeve” begins at 7 p.m. Friday at the Raue Center. The cast will perform magic in the lobby at 6:15 p.m. Ticket prices begin at $20, and proceeds benefit the theater, 26 N. Williams St.
This year’s performers include:
• Glenn Chelius: Magician and ventriloquist with his sidekick, Henri the talking rabbit.
• Nino Cruz: Reporters call him the Harry Houdini of Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. The world’s fastest hypnotist is known for his variety show at the Grand Geneva Resort and Spa.
• Tristan Crist: This master illusionist will perform a taste of Las Vegas-style magic from his theater show in Lake Geneva, which Trip Advisor lists as its top thing to do in Wisconsin.
• Joe Diamond: He has been featured on WGN News and Showtime, and hosts a weekly mind-reading show at the Dole Mansion in Crystal Lake.
• Jeff Bibik: This nationally known Chicago magician will perform his award-winning magic and family fun comedy act with audience participation.
• Chris Gran: He will amaze participants with his zany circus juggling and breathtaking balancing act.
• Wizzo the Wacky Wizard: Best known from “The Bozo Show,” he will be making a special surprise appearance.
Georgio’s Chicago Pizzeria and Pub of Crystal Lake, Chick-fil-A of Crystal Lake, VCP Print of Algonquin, the Northwest Herald, the Grand Geneva and Timber Ridge Lodge in Lake Geneva sponsor the show.
Kids are encouraged to wear a costume as they and adults participate with magicians onstage and get to meet the performers for free autographs and photos after the show.
For tickets, call 815-356-9212 or visit www.rauecenter.com.