State

Possible carbon monoxide poisoning sends 9 to hospitals

CHICAGO – Nine people have been hospitalized in Chicago with possible carbon monoxide poisoning.

Chicago fire officials said high levels of the odorless and colorless gas were found about 8 a.m. Friday in an East Garfield Park neighborhood home.

WLS-TV reported that firefighters responded to a report that someone in the home fell and that meters carried by paramedics showed high levels of carbon monoxide when they entered.

The television station also reports that a hazardous materials team and additional ambulances were called to the home. A paramedic was evaluated for carbon monoxide poisoning as a precaution.

The conditions of people taken to hospitals were not immediately available.

___

Information from: WLS-TV.

Loading more

Digital Access

Digital Access
Access nwherald.com from all your digital devices and receive breaking news and updates from around the area.

Home Delivery

Home Delivery
Local news, prep sports, Chicago sports, local and regional entertainment, business, home and lifestyle, food, classified and more! News you use every day! Daily, weekend and Sunday packages.

Text Alerts

Text Alerts
Stay connected to us wherever you are! Get breaking news updates along with other area information sent to you as a text message to your wireless device.

Email Newsletters

Email Newsletters
We'll deliver news & updates to your inbox. Plan your weekend and catch up on the news with our newsletters.