The following McHenry County school districts announced they will be closed Monday because of dangerous weather conditions.
• Alden-Hebron School District 19
• Cary School District 26
• Community High School District 155
• Community School District 300
• Crystal Lake Elementary School District 47
• Faith Lutheran High School
• First Church Preschool
• Fox River Grove School District 3
• Harrison School District 26
• Harvard School District 50
• Huntley School District 158
• Johnsburg School District 12
• Lord & Savior Lutheran School
• Marengo-Union Elementary School District 165
• Marian Central Catholic High School
• McHenry High School District 156
• McHenry School District 15
• Nippersink School District 2
• Prairie Grove School District 46
• Richmond-Burton High School District 157
• Woodstock School District 200
Meteorologists with the National Weather Service are predicting a blast of frigid air and ice will strike northern Illinois into Monday morning, and McHenry County is in its crosshairs.
The National Weather Service on Sunday issued a winter storm warning in effect through 6 p.m. Monday.
The agency predicts heavy and blowing snow will fall overnight into early Monday morning, with a total snow accumulation of 6 to 8 inches and ice accumulation in the form of a light glaze.