Name: Ra'Shawn Walker
Town: Lake in the HIlls
Office Sought: Huntley Community School Board Member
Occupation: Federal law enforcement
Education: Lewis University Bachelor's Degree 1993
Elected offices held: Huntley Community School Board Member District 158
1. What is your largest priority for District 158 if elected?
To maintain an open line of communication between parents and the school board administration.
2. What changes should District 158 make in the future?
Continue to reassess the student population and community needs in order to make necessary adjustments to limit the need for a reduction in the work force (RIF).
3. What are your thoughts on how District 158 has adjusted since enrollment has leveled off?
I think District 158 has done a good job during a challenging situation. They have managed to redirect or reassign staff in an orderly manner to meet the challenge.
4. What direction do you believe that District 158 should head in the future with its property tax levy if enrollment projections hold?
I believed District 158 should attempt to stabilize the tax levy if enrollment projections hold.
5. What are your thoughts on the district's increase in school resource officers?
I believe it is imperative District 158 hire additional fully trained resource officers to assist/respond timely to campus situations.
6. What are your thoughts on the district's efforts to introduce solar energy systems?
I believe it is in the district's best interest to introduce solar energy to reduce operation cost.
7. How do you feel about the district's initiatives such as the Vanguard Vision and the incubator?
I am excited to be a school board member of District 158 and to assist in the implementation of new ideas and offer our students the opportunity to become entrepreneurs.