1. Cary-Grove (24-3): The Trojans got right back on track with four wins in a row after a loss to Huntley. They are two away from the school record set in 2001.
2. Huntley (21-6): The Red Raiders have won seven of their last eight games and are still a game out in the loss column behind C-G. This is their best season since 2014.
3. Marengo (23-3): The Indians’ current win total barely cracks their top 15 in school history. But with three regular-season games remaining and being the highest seed in their regional, a shot at the 1990 team’s school record (28) is a possibility.
4. Burlington Central (19-8): The Rockets are having a solid season in their maiden voyage through the FVC and everyone is learning how well Brett Porto can coach.
5. Hampshire (18-8): The Whip-Purs are on another streak, a two-game skid. They opened the season with three losses, won 11, lost three, then won seven more. It could bode well if they start another winning streak before the Burlington Central Class 3A Regional.