To the Editor:
Just a reminder to our elected officials. The suburbs are not Chicago. Our cities must regulate the protest marches from all groups wishing to protest anything.
It appears the racist anti-police organization Black Lives Matter is going to try and promote their ideas longer than we want and the officers accused of causing the unfortunate death of an alleged criminal hasn't even started and they haven't been found guilty of anything yet.
Here are the conditions for parades, which should be village ordinances already.
1. All parades require a permit
2. The date, time and place must be predetermined
3. The public works and police must block off the parade route
4. Immediately after the parade, normal traffic is permitted.
5. A bond must be submitted to cover cost of littering, any damages, cost of public works and police
All citizens have constitutional rights to use the walkways and roadways, which are paid for by our tax dollars. Pictures painted on the side of buildings are considered signs and must follow the sign ordinance and any pictures painted on fences are considered graffiti and are against city ordinances.