Flames engulfed a house in Huntley Thursday morning, resulting in $150,000 in damages but no reported injuries.
A house fire on the 11500 block of Douglas Avenue, Huntley, was reported just before 9 a.m. Thursday, according to a press release from the Huntley Fire Protection District.
A crew from the Huntley Fire Protection District arrived just over a minute later to see that "heavy fire" had swallowed the back side of the single-family home, according to the release.
A woman who lived in the home as well as the family's dog were evacuated from the home safely with the help of a neighbor and a Huntley Police Officer. There were no reported injuries.
Huntley firefighters were able to extinguish the fire within approximately 20 minutes with the help of first responders from Algonquin, Crystal Lake, Woodstock, Hampshire and Marengo, according to the press release. A total of 34 firefighters and six fire engines were dispatched to the scene.
Damages from the fire were severe enough that the fire protection district declared the home "uninhabitable," according to the release.
It was estimated that the fire resulted in $50,000 worth of losses in the contents of the house that were destroyed or damaged and $150,000 in overall damages.
First responders were on scene for a total of approximately three hours and the fire remains under investigation by the Huntley Fire Protection District, according to the press release.